11.11.2011

yeah, yeah, I know...

The fact that I have been neglecting this blog should in no way indicate a lack of interest in showing my work to family and friends, nor should it indicate that I haven't been creating art. 'Cuz I have. Been creating art. A lot.
 I've been doing lots of new stuff, with video and installation and digital media- truly scary stuff for me- and some of it's kinda conceptual so I've been scared it won't come across well in a blog.
Helpless, Digital Sketch
 Helpless is not a finished piece or anything. I've been keeping a little notebook so I could scrawl down potential project ideas. These ideas aren't usually practical or achievable. For some of them I decided to do quick digital sketches, just for fun, to aid in the process of thinking/planning. Helpless is a result of thinking of 3-D installations I could do with nothing but string.
The Scent, Digital Sketch

The Scent is another digital sketch. It's part of a series I'm doing for my Digital Media class. The series consists of abstract depictions of the physical symptoms I feel before a seizure. This one is meant to depict a strange olfactory hallucination. If sulfur, electricity, and cotton candy were all mixed, this is what the smell would look like. Does that make ANY sense? Well, it's a work in progress, so give me some time.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would call it "Sneeze". Yeah, Ruth and I are sharing the same cold. I got sick first so I get the blame for sharing. She drug me to the doctor after I developed bronchitis and now I am taking a anti-biotic and should be up and running in a couple days. Ops...off the track. Anyway the art work above looks like what I imagine one of my big window-rattling sneezes look like from inside my imagination.
    I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it; I think it does kind of look like how a sneeze feels

    ReplyDelete