2.24.2012

I'd call this a breakthrough, but I don't want to jinx it...

So, over the last few weeks I
1. made 3-d work that has potential, and that I loved making
2. made 2-d work that has potential, and that I loved making

Great, right? But I have a senior show coming up in 1 week, and I wanted to put all-new 2-d and 3-d work in it, and, although my work was related inside my head, it was not related visually.

I think these new pieces are closing in on what I need:






I found a brush tip marker that I filled with alcohol, which allowed me to make deliberate marks and have more control. The curvy, thorny shapes of the brushwork are similar to the shapes in my new sculpture.
I have no images of the sculpture yet, but I think I thought of an interesting way to bring it closer to my thesis AND closer to my 2-d work.

I'm also working on finding titles for these pieces, and how to mount them on the gallery wall.
Stay tuned!
 P.S.  If anyone had any title ideas they would like to share with me, please let me know! I'm keeping my mind open to new ideas for as long as possible... 













1 comment:

  1. Title ideas:
    #1: Feathers in her cap
    #2: Ovulation
    #3: Solar Flare
    #4: Bridled
    #5: Nebulae
    #6: Peace of her Mind

    ReplyDelete